It was Valentine’s candy craft day at my house this morning, which led to a sampling of Milk Duds, BB Bats, Bit-O-Honey, Reese’s Pieces, Good & Plenty, and Goobers all before 10 a.m. Sure beats a bowl of Cheerios.
My kids and I started with a brainstorming session and came up with a handful of candy-related sweet sayings, including …
- I’m about to tell you a Whopper. I love you!
- I am such a Goober when I’m around you.
- You’re one Hot Tamale in my book.
- Valentine, let’s Take 5 in New York [Peppermint Patty] City!
- Luv U to [Reese's] Pieces.
- I always have a Good & Plenty time with you.
- Kiss my Whatchamacallit! (All credit goes to neighbor Jenny for this one)
From there, we cut out red hearts from poster board and applied our “sweet nothings” and candy to paper. Snap!
Here are three that my kids made with a teeny-tiny bit of motherly input (see heart #3) …
If you're not into playing "hard to get," this is the Valentine for you.
This box of Milk Duds is empty because we had no self control while candy crafting.
"My kids" made this on behalf of my husband. Wink.
Hope our humble hearts inspire you to create homemade candy greetings for your own sweeties!